During summer 2018, the following Greek language courses will take place at hotel Atheras, in the coastal village of Evdilos. Note that during the rest of the year, including August, the Geek language courses and some special language courses like”Greek literature” and “reading adventure” are taking place on-campus, near the mountainous village of Arethousa.
- June 17-27 (10 lessons in 11 days) & June 17-July 5 (15 lessons)
- July 1-11 (10 lessons in 11 days) & July 1-19 (15 lessons)
- July 15-25 (10 lessons in 11 days) & July 15-August 2 (15 lessons, the last 5 in Arethousa)
- September 9-19 (10 lessons in 11 days)
– 10 lessons in 11 days, (36 hours of tuition + 18h of activities, equal to a two week course). You can also register for 2 or more 10 day courses in a row. You may also register for 15 lessons, (54h of tuition +24h of activities, equal to a three week course)
- General info (method, curriculum, etc)
- Accommodation: We suggest accommodation at Hotel Atheras or the hotel Kerame. The hotels offer a special price for our students. Accommodation in the hotel is not obligatory and students may choose other rooms for rent in the area.
- Daily schedule: Most of the lessons take place in the moring, from 9:30 – 12:30 A second lesson time may be added depending on the final number of the classes to be offered. Afternoon activities are taking place between 19:30 – 21:00 or 21:30
- Evdilos & surrounding: Evdilos, a small village of 600 inhabitants, is at the central port on the north coast of Ikaria. The coffee shops and the restaurants at the harbor, which is 3 min away from the Atheras hotel by foot, become meetings places for students or for a quiet coffee alone. You can also swim at a small and protected beach near the village. More beaches, like Kyparissi, Fytema, and Kampos are 10-30 min away by foot. There you can also find beach bars and tavernas. In Evdilos you can rent a car and explore the island during your free time.
- How to get to Ikaria
Arrival – departure: The first lesson takes place on the afternoon of the day indicated in the schedule as the first day of the course. As a result, students can travel to Ikaria during the morning of the first day, although it is preferable to come earlier, as we meet all students in the hotel Atheras lobby between 10:00 and 11:30 on the morning of that first day. The last lesson takes place on the last day indicated for the course.
- Tuition and full schedule for all courses
- Registration form & early bird booking