- 11-21 or 11-27 Nov. 2017
10 lessons in 11 days, 36 teaching hours + 18h of activities.
- Class size: 2-8 students, at a similar level
- Tuition and accommodation cost
(-15%, -10% or -5% deduction in tuition for early bird registrations)
- Location: This course is taking place ONLY on-campus, in Arethousa
- Accommodation: We suggest on-campus accommodation. Students may stay in a local hotel or room-for-rent, but they must then rent a moped or car for transport.
- Local transport: A shuttle service to Evdilos is available for students every other day after class hours.
What exactly is this course?
Ιt’s an opportunity to begin learning Greek, or to improve your skills in the Greek language while participating in the olive harvest—an experience both enjoyable and educational. You will learn about various steps in the production of olive oil and have a chance to get to know a Greek island in a way entirely different from the usual tourist places and season. This is a time when the island life has returned to its normal rhythm.
For whom is the course intended?
For any adult who wishes to improve his or her skills in the Greek language, including beginners. Friends of yours may also come with you and participate in the experience of the olive harvest and in the rest of our activities, without participating in the Greek classes.
What will we be doing?
After the language lessons we will work together for about 2 hours in the olive harvest, in the nearby fields. We will visit local factories and watch how olive oil is made from the olives. We will also learn to sing some Greek songs, watch Greek cinema, make excursions around Ikaria, and talk a lot in Greek, both inside and outside the classroom.
Send in the following registration form before September 10:
- For the course of 2016: http://goo.gl/forms/TKcVfa4E73
- For the courses of 2017: https://goo.gl/forms/6HVSGNbtC1lUGKNu2
The reservation must be followed by a deposit of 290€. You can pay via Pay Pal (+4,5% Pay Pal fee) or via bank transfer (the bank account will be sent to you after the submission of the registration form). The balance, including accommodation fee, should be paid the first day of the lessons, in cash.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel your registration: We offer a full refund of payments if you cancel before the registration deadline. After this deadline there will be no refund of either tuition or the accommodation fee. However you reserve the right to re-register in a class in the same or the following year.