Reserve creative accommodation in Ikaria for one or more weeks in August or autumn at our guesthouse. We offer accommodation in Ikaria, in a beautiful and peaceful spot of the mountains, along with a learning program that will let you to meet new people, make new friends,and develop your knowledge on various topics, from philosophy to gardening, winery and beekeeping , typical agricultural activities in which almost all the inhabitants of Ikaria participate. At the same time you’ll enjoy walks on the mountains, you’ll come closer to the wildlife and landscape of the island.
Our guests stay in private rooms, each one with its own bathroom and kitchenette. Excursions are organized every day, some of which are combined with visits to artisans, others with hiking on trails of the mountain. Also, depending on the season you can:
- participate in the agricultural activities of the time, with locals
- participate in thematic seminars, lectures and experiential workshops on various topics
- participate in private lessons of modern Greek, with an additional cost.
The hostel & the activities / period
For more information about the hostel and the activities we organize per participation period, please follow the links below:
Reservations & costs
Reserve one or more rooms in one or more of the following periods by submitting the reservation form:
- 1-8 August, cost 630 €, for one or two people in a double room
- 8-16 August, cost 690 €, for one or two people in a double room
- 16-22 August, cost 560 €, for one or two people in a double room
- August 22-29, cost 560 €, for one or two people in a double room
- October 24-31, cost 430 €, for one or two people in a double room
– The cost covers participation in all activities, except Greek language courses.
– We don’t serve breakfast, nor meals. However, our guests can use the kitchennet of their rooms or the common kitchen in order to prepare their own breakfast and meals.
– Deposits and cancellations: See the terms on the reservation form.
Ikaria is a small island in the middle of Aegean, still outside the radars of tourist industry, with a unique wildlife and a magnificent mountainous terrain. For some people Ikaria is the place where you forget to die, as certain studies end up to the conclusion that Ikaria belongs to the longevity zones, the blue zones: A place where people live longer than usual expected.
Covid & travels
“Creative accommodation” is an attempt to break the fear, the prohibitions and the “social distancing” that have invaded our lives in the last year. We believe that human contact and communication can not be based on applications like zoom or skype. Physical, direct contact is irreplaceable. Travelling and meeting other people stands against “social distancing”, and it’s a way to restore our freedoms and human relationships It is also a way for us to survive financially in these new and difficult times that are opening up before us. For these reasons we invite you to travel and participate in our “creative accommodation” program, regardless of the situation with covid. Note that Ikaria is a safe area, without any cases of covid. Follow the link for more information about covid and trips to Greece.