6- 17 of July 2020
Our innovative program combines lessons with activities which include local Ikarian children, transforming schoolwork into an interesting and enjoyable game. The teachers guide all activities, thus insuring that their students are learning both during and after lessons. Students are divided into small groups according to age (8-13 years old, and 14-17 years old).
- Deadline for reservations, November 30th 2019. If a certain number of participants won’t be gathered by that time, the course will be canceled.
- If you are interested, please submit the registration form, below in this page. Final confirmation will be sent by November 30h 2019. A 290 Euros deposit will be also asked, at the same time.
- If you visit Ikaria this summer, will be glad to meet you and talk in details. If not, you can always book a video meeting.
Greek lessons for children and teenagers in Ikaria, Greece
For the younger children (8-13): Lessons are held for four hours per day, with breaks, and include a balanced mix of activities. Each lesson focuses on enriching vocabulary and developing the skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Necessary grammar is also taught through language games. Toys, painting and art, songs and stories are all used to turn lessons into play.
For children aged 14-17: Lessons are held for four hours per day, with breaks. During each lesson the necessary grammar is taught through language games. Again, emphasis is given to the active use of vocabulary, which is enriched through the use of texts, word games, and projects around a common theme. In this way, older children are motivated to think and express themselves in Greek on topics which interest them.
After lessons, we organize activities with local Ikarian children, such as hikes, lessons in chess, art workshops, photography, theater, cooking, singing, and traditional dances. Students will make new friends, and practice Greek at the same time, gaining greater confidence in the use of the language and strengthening their motivation to continue learning.
- It’s a day camp, we can keep the children busy in lessons and learning activities every day from 10:00 to 19:30, according to the following daily schedule. After and before this time, parents are responsible for their children.
- Parents and children are welcome to stay on-campus if they wish to. The family is also free to stay elsewhere.
- If the family stays off-campus, parents are responsible for the transfer of their children.
- The campus is located in a rural, a peaceful, secure and quiet environment. It’s ideal, between else, for a child day camp.
- We suggest to the families staying on campus to rent a car. In this way they’ll be able to go around the island, or go for shopping any time. The cost for a car rental starts from 20 Euros per day
- We do provide food for lunch to the children. Parents must take care for their own meals, also for their children’s breakfast and dinner.
690€ / child -5% for every child after the first, if you register children as a group.
The tuition includes lessons, material, lunch for children and materials. It doesn’t include accommodation.
On-campus accommodation (optional):
- 390€ for double occupancy,
- 325€for single occupancy.
Breakfast is not served. You can prepare your own breakfast in the kitchenette of you room.
A typical day:
10:00 Language lessons (until 13:30, with breaks)
13.30 – 14:00 Meal
14.00 – 15:00 board games
15:00 – 17:00 Lessons and indoor activities (painting, chess, photography, table games)
17.30 –19:30: Cooking, traditional dance, hiking, gardening, songs, movie screenings and more…
19:30 End of the program