Greek language lessons for kids and teenagers
July 6-17 2020
Our innovative program combines lessons with activities which include local Ikarian children, transforming schoolwork into an interesting and enjoyable game. The teachers guide all activities, thus insuring that their students are learning both during and after lessons. Students are divided into small groups according to age (8-13 years old, and 14-17 years old).
Greek lessons for children and teenagers in Ikaria, Greece
For the younger children (8-13): Lessons are held for four hours per day, with breaks, and include a balanced mix of activities. Each lesson focuses on enriching vocabulary and developing the skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Necessary grammar is also taught through language games. Toys, painting and art, songs and stories are all used to turn lessons into play.
For children aged 14-17: Lessons are held for four hours per day, with breaks. During each lesson the necessary grammar is taught through language games. Again, emphasis is given to the active use of vocabulary, which is enriched through the use of texts, word games, and projects around a common theme. In this way, older children are motivated to think and express themselves in Greek on topics which interest them.
After lessons, we organize activities such as hikes, lessons in chess, art workshops, photography, theater, cooking, singing, and traditional dances. Students will make new friends, and practice Greek at the same time, gaining greater confidence in the use of the language and strengthening their motivation to continue learning.
- It’s a day camp, we can keep the children busy in lessons and learning activities every day from 10:00 to 19:30, according to the following daily schedule.After the end of the program parents must take their children home.
- Parents are responsible for the transfer of their children. We suggest to the families to rent a car. The cost for a car rental starts from 20 Euros per day
- Our campus is located in a rural, a peaceful, secure and quiet environment. It’s ideal, between else, for a child day camp.
- Children share a bedroom of the guesthouse with one or two roommates of the same age and gender, during the day. In this way they can have rest after lunch. The guesthouse is located on-campus. However children do stay on-campus after the end of the daily program.
- We do provide food for lunch to the children with an additional cost (~8 Euros / day). The menu will be defined by the parents. Alternatively, children can bring their own food from home.
990€ -5% for every child after the first, if you register children as a group.
The tuition includes lessons, materials, and accommodation during the day. It doesn’t include breakfast, meals or overnights.
A typical day:
10:00 Language lessons (until 13:30, with breaks)
13.30 – 14:00 Meal
14.00 – 15:00 board games
15:00 – 17:00 Lessons and indoor activities (painting, chess, photography, table games)
17.30 –19:30: Cooking, traditional dance, hiking, gardening, songs, movie screenings and more…
19:30 End of the program
Submit the following form as soon as possible.
Registration deadline: January 18th 2020. If a certain number of participants won’t be gathered by that time, the course will be canceled. A deposit equal to 70% must be paid just before the registration deadline. Final confirmation will be sent within the 3rd week of 2020 (Jan 18-23). If you cancel after the registration deadline the deposit is not refutable.