We are almost in the middle of summer and maybe it is time to start thinking about Greek courses in Ikaria in the fall. From October 1st, there are a lot of changes in our courses. First the prices change. The cost for a 2 or more week course, together with accommodation, will be 700€ / week (560€ / week / person if you share the room with another student you travel with). A 10% discount will be available for students returning within the last 2 years.
The main reason for the cost increase is that the maintenance and operation costs of the Center have gone up a lot. It also does not seem right to organize courses, excursions, transportation and activities at a cost of 65 Euros per day, i.e. as much as a night’s stay in an airbnb or a simple hotel costs.
Apart from the new prices there are some key changes:
- Classes will be held from Monday to Saturday. So we have two extra lessons / 2 weeks (every Saturday)
- Accommodation includes breakfast and simple meals at the guesthouse.
- Although we think it is best that you participate for 2 weeks, you will be able to register just for one week.
- Beginners and pseudo-beginners will participate on different dates. Thus, the rest of the students, who already have limited or wider skills, will be keep speaking Greek outside the class
- We will (again!) organize free airport transfers before the first flight and from the airport after the last flight every Sunday. Also free transfers to and from the port of Evdilos.
- Every week we will have a short hike in the program
- And of course the activities, excursions, dance lessons will continue to be offered as always
You can register for the Fall 2023 and Spring 2024 courses here:
Of course, from the page above you can register for a course in August and September 2023. There are still a few vacancies.
June 29th 2023