Accommodation in Ikaria, the guesthouse
If you are participating in one of our Greek language courses or just visiting Ikaria, you can have accommodation in Ikaria in private rooms of the Ikarian Center guesthouse. Each room includes a kitchenette and private bathroom. In addition to our guests, the guesthouse also hosts the courses that we organize within the same building complex. The guesthouse is located in a wooded area 1.5 Km outside the mountain settlement of Arethousa and 3 Km above the seaside Karavostamo.
Accommodation in Ikaria for visitors, without participation in Greek language courses
You can reserve a room in the guesthouse for one or more weeks without participating in our language courses. You will enjoy the direct contact with the natural environment. If you are learning modern Greek, you will find yourself with people who are also learning the Greek language and you will have the opportunity to speak Greek, with them and with the teachers of our Greek language school. If you don’t learn Greek you will take a few days of relaxation in a magical location between the mountain and the sea, and you will enjoy the scenery and the tranquility of nature. All our rooms are double occupancy, with private bathroom and kitchenette. If you are planning to visit Ikaria you can book a room at the Ikarian Center guesthouse now!
What else can you combine with accommodation in Ikaria, if you stay at our guesthouse?
- Hiking in the mountains of Ikaria, on the network of trails located around the guesthouse and further afield.
- Participation in excursions
- Participation in Greek language school activities such as dance lessons, Greek song evenings or cooking evenings
- Conversation classes in Greek, for those who speak Greek
- Simple meals with the participants of our Greek language programs, in times we give lessons
- Breakfast is not served
Accommodation in Ikaria for students of Greek language courses
If you participate in a Greek language courses you can have a private room in the guesthouse. Each room has a private bathroom, two beds and a kitchenette. You can share your room with another student traveling with you and thus share the accommodation costs with him / her. You can also share your room with another fellow traveler who is not participating in our courses. In this case you will have to take care of your local transportation by your own means (for example, rent a car)
What does the accommodation in Ikaria include for our students?
- Basic local transport for shopping and bathing
- Simple meals after classes (lunch and dinner) from Monday to Friday
- No breakfast is served, though you can prepare you own breakfast in the fully equipped kitchenette of your room
Facilities and amenities of our rooms in Ikaria
All rooms are twin occupancy, with two single beds that can be joined without leaving a gap in the middle. Each room has a separate external entrance and includes a kitchenette and a private bathroom. All rooms are all well heated. The guesthouse facilities also include a small library-reading room, a common kitchen and several courtyards and covered areas where one can sit alone or meet with other guests. All areas have good wifi access. In summary, in the guesthouse you will find:
- twin occupancy rooms,
- separate external entrance for each room
- two separate beds in each room (however you can connect them without leaving a gap between the mattresses)
- fully equipped kitchenette (with stove and refrigerator in each room
- bathroom in each room,
- bed sheets and towels,
- fast Internet and wifi in every room and yard
- free use of washing machine,
- common kitchen,
- common reading – study room
- private parking